Five Favorite Books That Give Me Pause
- The Empathy Exams. A brilliant collection of essays–about our pain and other people’s–that are extraordinarily present, vulnerable, and intelligent.
- Unwinding the Clock: Ten Thoughts on Our Relationship to Time. Part psychology, part philosophy–a quiet, thought provoking meditation on time.
- Going to Pieces Without Falling Apart. Buddhism meets psychotherapy in this touchstone of a book.
- The Happiness Project. Don’t let this hokey self help idea–the author commits 12 months to getting happier–fool you, this book balances the personal and the universal in a profound and practical exploration of happiness.
- Dream Work. Mary Oliver has a way of grounding you in the present and taking you deeper at the same time. Namaste.